On Friday 9th July, friends old and new came together for a one-day riding extravaganza.
This year, the Bristol 2 Bristol challenge replaced our infamous Bristol 2 Bordeaux event, and while smaller in scale, it did not disappoint in terms of fun, or impact:
- Nearly 5,000 miles cycled
- 50 fantastic riders
- 5 PROPS trainees supported to take part
- Almost £13,000 raised PROPS
- Up to 12,000ft of climbs on some routes
- 7 beautiful, bespoke routes around Chew Valley
- 96 delicious post ride beers, generously donated by our partners, Tapestry brewery
- 7 packs of sweetcorn on the BBQ
This event makes such a huge difference to our work as a charity and we’re so grateful to every rider who took part. We were incredibly proud of our PROPS trainees for taking part in the cycle challenge as well as plenty helping make the event run smoothly.
The fantastic amount of money raised by this event will allow us to continue supporting adults with learning disabilities to gain work skills and put them into practice through meaningful work opportunities in our range of projects and enterprises.
Or hear from some of trainees about the impact PROPS has had on them.
Working together to
build an inclusive future